Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will build and maintain our various product and development platforms. This position is an operational engineering role and you will be an integrated part of our product development teams. You will be writing software to configure servers, not manually configuring them each time. You won’t be deploying code; you will build tools so that anyone in engineering can deploy their code. You won’t be monitoring alerts, building scripts/tools to resolve production problems automatically. You will try out new technology from time to time. You will make mistakes, but you’ll learn from them and grow.
- Scale our infrastructure in an automated fashion
- Treat infrastructure as a product by contributing ideas on how to continually improve automation services and resiliency of the platform
- Monitor and instrument everything, particularly data applications and databases
- Participate in an off hours support on-call rotation
- Provide tooling to all of engineering
- Patch and maintain Windows and Linux servers
- Maintain and evolve Active Directory forest and system integrations
- Follow and execute Production, QA, Dev and other environmental change control processes
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Programming experience in PowerShell or similar scripting language
- Automation using Chef, Puppet, TeamCity or similar technologies
- Windows server administration; Linux server administration with RedHat, Centos or similar
- Microsoft Azure including Azure SQL, Azure Networking, Azure Active Directory
- SQL Server administration and troubleshooting
- Web server administration using IIS and/or Apache
- Active Directory administration
- Knowledge of agile processes (Scrum / Kanban)
- VPN (both site-to-site and client-server)
- Possesses a positive and professional attitude, even during hectic periods
To learn if your background aligns with our needs, please email your cover letter, resume
and salary requirements to email@example.com.
EM1 is an equal opportunity employer.